RIPEA’s 29th Annual Convention – September 9, 2019
According to 389 of our members, once again we had another wonderful, entertaining, and educational convention. If you were not able to attend the 2019 Annual Convention, we have placed information about it below.
To view the 2019 convention agenda click here: Convention Agenda (PDF)
IU Health, Lessons for Maturing Adults: Mind and Spirit Health-Lisa M. Brandt, MBA, RDH Vice President, Population Health discussed important areas of behavior health and mental and spiritual wellness.
Jim Benge, Senior Health Insurance Consultant, Medicare/RIPEA’s Complement Plans – Anthem – Jim Benge provided detail on the plans that are available to RIPEA members.
Marty Montgomery, Chairperson of the RIPEA Foundation, RIPEA Foundation Video showed how the RIPEA Foundation truly helped one of our retirees when she was in desperate need.
Representative Woody Burton and Representative Mike Karickhoff talked about PERF legislation and answered members’ questions.
Dick Wolfsie entertained everyone with his interesting stories and many jokes.
Jeff Hutson, Chief Communications Officer – Indiana Public Retirement System (INPRS) gave up-to-date information on INPRS and answered questions from the audience.
Tom Hedderich, Hallmark Home Mortgages, talked about reverse mortgages and how to use them.
Mark Alberts, Alberts Actuarial Consulting, discussed when a COLA provides a greater benefit and when a 13th check provides a greater benefit.
We wrapped up with a Tribute to America and the Military.
To view each PowerPoint presentation, click on the presentation topics below. Then once the viewing window opens, place your cursor on a slide and scroll down to view additional slides. To view additional presenters’ PowerPoint slides, click on the text: “Click here to close this view” in the bottom right corner to return to the convention page. Do not click on the browser's “Back-Arrow Button”.
- RIPEA Year-End Review – Bill Murphy, Executive Director
- Lessons for Maturing Adults: Mind and Spirit Health – Lisa M. Brandt, MBA, RHD Vice President, Population Health
- Medicare/RIPEA’s Complement Plans – Anthem – Jim Benge, RIPEA Senior Health Insurance Consultant
- Public Employees Retirement Fund Update – Jeff Hutson, INPRS – Chief Communications Officer
- Reverse Mortgages – Tom Hedderich, Hallmark Home Mortgage
- COLA/13th Check – Mark Alberts, Alberts Actuary Consulting, LLC
Video of the Presentations:
If you would rather view only a specific presentation or segment of the convention, click on the name of the segment below. Enjoy!
- Presentation of Colors - Indiana State Police Color Guard, National Anthem, John Ruby, Pledge of Allegiance
- Welcome and Introductions - Chris Bader, Board President
- RIPEA Year-End Review - Bill Murphy, Executive Director
- IU Health – Lessons for Maturing Adults: Mind and Spirit Health - Lisa M. Brandt, MBA, RDH Vice President, Population Health
- Medicare/RIPEA’s Complement Plans – Anthem - Jim Benge
- RIPEA Foundation Video - Marty Montgomery
- Legislative Review - Indiana Representative Woody Burton (Republican) Indiana Representative Mike Karickhoff (Republican)-Speaker Pro Tempore
- Entertainment - Dick Wolfsie (1:59:56)
- PERF - Public Employees Retirement Fund Update - Jeff Hutson
- Reverse Mortages - Tom Hedderich
- COLA/13th Check - Mark Alberts
- Tribute To America & The Military
- Door Prizes - Convention Committee
RIPEA’s 30th Annual Convention – September 14, 2020
Mark your 2020 calendars for another informative and fun RIPEA Annual Convention at the Primo Banquet & Conference Center, 2615 National Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46227. Watch your mail for the August 2020, RIPEA Communicator newsletter for the 2020 Annual Convention Registration Form and more convention details. Attending the convention for only $12 is a great value! This fee has been the same as the first 29 conventions.
- 9:00 a.m. Registration & visit presenter and vendor tables
- 10:00 a.m. program
- 12:00 noon delicious all-you-can-eat buffet
- 1:00 p.m. program continues
- 2:50 p.m. cash door prizes
- 3:00 p.m. adjournmen
Bus Transportation to Convention:
As we do every year we provide charter buses, free of charge, from the following Indiana cities: South Bend, Kokomo, Clarksville, Fort Wayne, and Gary. There must be a minimum of 25 riders signe up for us to charter a bus! If you would like to ride with other friendly RIPEA members on one of the buses, check the appropriate box for your city on the 2020 Annual Convention Registration Form. We will contact you when the departure locations and times are determined.
RIPEA will also provide buses from any Indiana city not listed if there is a minimum of 25 riders. If you would like to ride a charter bus, please list the departing location in the space provided. We will advise you if there are enough riders from your location to charter a bus.
If you would like to pre-register to attend the 2020 Annual Convention, please download and complete the registration form and mail it to the RIPEA office address on the form.
Call the RIPEA office at (317) 789-0244 or (800) 345-9214 if you have questions. We look forward to seeing you at the convention!
Bill Murphy, Executive Director & RIPEA Annual Convention Committee